Sunday, December 04, 2011

Finished Knit: A Hat for Dad

If you're a longtime reader, you may remember that my dad asks for the same thing every Christmas, a handknit striped hat.  Using the same pattern every time, a pattern I designed a few years ago called The Slacker Hat.  And the same yarn, only in different colors.  This year, I went with dark grey and purple:



The yarn in question is Vanna's Choice (not of Vanna's but of the yarn) and my dad is a huge fan, isn't that cute?  My husband helped me pick out the colors, my dad doesn't go for traditional guy colors so he's usually pretty fun to knit for, if anything this hat might be a little too conservative for his taste!  And yes, this is the first holiday gift I've crafted this year, I seem to have gotten quite the late start.  But this hat only took an evening so maybe I'm not doing too shabby!   

Oh and if you're wondering, no my dad doesn't read my blog so he's not in danger of seeing his gift early :)

So how are you guys doing on your holiday crafting?

-kala  

10 comments:

4you-withlove said...

What a nice basic hat pattern! I see why you dad likes it! :)

I am busy knitting up a ton of scarves and cowls in Malabarigo Rasta. You can see them on my blog! :)

Amanda said...

Very cute! I think I'll go with your pattern for a few gift hats I need to make.

Love the colors, too. That's great that your dad is open to wearing purple. :)

Sandy Keith said...

Have I ever mentioned that I grew up in Northfield? Lived there my first 16 years till family moved to CA.

nicolaknits said...

Definitely a knitworthy dad. Does he wear them out in a year, or is he building up a collection?

quinn said...

Love those colors!

VeganCraftastic said...

nicolaknits - he has a stack of them that he wears all year, he chooses the color that he's in the mood for that day :)

affectioknit said...

CUTE! I like those colours...

Have a lovely day!

Marissa Rath said...

This is awesome. I wish I had half your talent. I can't knit to save my life.

Miss Julep said...

Looks nice! I love the color combination.

Glenda SB said...

Such an awesome hat pattern!!!!! Love following you on Twitter.
Glenda from down I-35 (Ames, Iowa!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...