Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Back in the Groove

The sock groove that is!  It's been quite a while since I've been inspired to knit socks, which is shocking considering they used to be my absolute favorite thing to knit.  But on my last trip to the library, I saw Sock Knitting Master Class on the new arrivals shelf and thought I'd give it a whirl, I mean it's a library book, there's nothing to lose right?  Well, I was not disappointed, I found a sock pattern that made me excited about socks again, and that pattern is Almondine by Anne Hanson of Knitspot.  This pattern has all of my favorite things:  an easy (but not boring) pattern repeat, instructions for working on dpns, and top down construction (toe-up socks are of the devil.)  I finished up the heel flap last night, I would have worked on turning the heel, but I was at knit night and didn't want to muck it up like I have in the past.  Progress:

    

Nice, right?  The color in real life is closer to the name of the colorway I'm using, Ketchup.  The yarn is Panda Cotton from my stash and it seems to be working nicely with this pattern, yay!

Working on anything fun lately?

-kala

13 comments:

Lela said...

What a pair of beautiful socks these will be! :)

Randi said...

So pretty! I'm in a fancy socks and fingering weight sweater phase, which is teaching me patience if not keeping me very warm yet.

Cathy Monetti said...

I am knitting my very first pair of socks. So excited. Yours are gorgeous. Love the color and the pattern!

JFibers said...

Beautiful....for me, you shouldn't have....

Marissa said...

You always make me inspired! I am unfortunately not crafty to save my life. Great job!

ckwebgrrl said...

Love the pattern and the yarn! I will have to check out that book :)

TINe said...

mmmh I'll try to knit my first pair of socks very soon...I'm a bit excited about ;)

Ammie said...

Those look great! Pretty color for that pattern.
LOL. I despise toe-up socks, too. My first hideous pair took two years to complete and yielded inelastic ribbing and holy heels. At least they keep my feet warm. I've been tempted to try another toe up pattern in case, simply because I like the idea of using up every bit of my yarn. On the other hand, I don't want to mess with the devil. ;)

DrChopSuey said...

Oh those will be nice. Love the pattern and the color. Happy New Year!

Melissa said...

I'm unfortunately experiencing some knitting burnout after the holiday season...although the pleasure on the gift recipients' faces was worth it!

Pink Theory said...

Love your blog and all the vegan yarns! Your stitches are so perfect!

Crafty Intrigue said...

How pretty. I like the stitch pattern and color. I haven't done any sock knitting yet.

Jill said...

I really like this pattern. I still have a Jaywalker that has been waiting for its mate for nearly 3 years now!

Also, I'm curious if you've written an update about your fitness goal you posted about in the summer. I recently started the 30 Day Shred because I remembered you posting about it and then began to wonder how everything was coming along for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...