Friday, January 13, 2012

I Will Always Put A Bird On It!

Yesterday marked my triumphant (at least to me) return to sewing!  After a too long hiatus, my knitter's (and more) project bags are making their way back into my Etsy shop.  On a related note, my Etsy shop had it's 1,000th sale yesterday and I just wanted to thank all of you guys for your support over the years, I couldn't have done it without you!  Anyway, the first bag I have up in my shop is the Blue Bird Knitting Bag, because if anyone's going to Put A Bird On It, it's me:



If you haven't seen the Put A Bird On It skit from Portlandia you really must, it's hilarious:



What I love about that show is that it pokes fun at a lot of things I'm into myself, like putting birds on things!  Being able to laugh at yourself is so important, I don't know how people who take themselves dead seriously make it through life, it's such a drag!

-kala

8 comments:

Pink Theory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
luminousvegans said...

Haha I love that episode! Your sewing skills have me green with envy.

Marissa said...

That bag is so adorable! :)

mikka said...

Haha, I am so guilty of the bird thing :) Love the bag! Yay, birds.

yoel said...

Ha, that show is so great. But it's true, everything handmade looks better with a bird on it!

Patricia said...

Congrats to you!

JFibers said...

I can totally see you putting a bird on everything. I'll have to warn Rex next time we meet...

Ammie said...

Teehee!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...