Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Quilt Planning

Hey, look at me blogging regularly again!  Scary, eh?  Anyway, yesterday I bought some fabric for my block of the month quilt at my local fabric shop, Treadle Yard Goods, here's what I got:


I'll be picking up a lot more fabric as the months go on, but I figure this will get me through at least 4 blocks.  The fabric on the far left is my neutral background fabric and I love it, my husband says it looks like rice.  It was oddly challenging shopping for fabric that wasn't for my shop, I kept seeing prints and thinking "oh, that would make a cute pin" and have to stop myself and think QUILT!  But I'm really happy with what I picked out, I was going for bright and fun as always.  

Which print is your fave?

-kala

5 comments:

4you-withlove said...

This should make a beautiful quilt. I am partial to polka dots!

Hello Kendra said...

Ohhh I really like the orange dots... that quilt is going to be awesome. I love block of the month kits and miss working at a quilt shop just for those. I can't wait to see some finished blocks. And Welcome back to blogging regularly.

LochKnitsMonster said...

It's great to have you blogging more :)

birrrd said...

indeed it looks like rice. i thought so, too, right in the first moment. curious about the result! : )

Stacie said...

I love the bright colors, and thanks again for posting that Craftsy block a month. It's really inspired me to get my butt in gear with sewing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...