Friday, February 10, 2012

Finished Knit: Almondine

What?  I actually finished knitting something? Yes, it's true!  Behold my finished Almondine socks:


I love how these turned out, they fit perfectly and were fun to knit too.  They took five million years (OK, more like a month and a half) to finish, only because I've had very little time to knit lately.  Lack of time has kept me from blogging lately too, I'll explain why in another post, but I'll just say that it has to do with school.  A good chunk of the knitting on these socks was done at the new knitting group I've been going to, it's been so much fun meeting all of the nice ladies and making new friends.

Back to the socks!  The pattern is Almondine by Anne Hanson and can be found in the book Sock Knitting Master Class by Ann Budd.  The pattern was awesome - really well written and the lace repeat was simple without being mind numbing, love it!  I borrowed the book from the library, I should take a peek and see if there are any other patterns inside that look tempting...

-kala

4 comments:

Michelle said...

These are beautiful! I love the color of the yarn, and it looks like the yarn shows the details of the stitches really well!

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

love! the colour is so cheery! They look positively scrumptious. :)

kristieinbc said...

Those socks are amazing! I always admire knitters who create socks like these. I tend to stick to plain vanilla socks, with only the occasional fancy pattern thrown in.

Claudia said...

These are lovely! I love knitted Items and I admire people who actually finish their projects! I started a knitted patchwork quilt awhile ago and its still not finished! Perhaps I shall go back to it.. Well done, and lovely blog too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...