Monday, March 12, 2012

Foundation Piecing

Today, after sleeping in after a wonderful 30th birthday, I decided to do a bit of sewing.  I'm doing the Craftsy Block of the Month project (which is free, so go sign up, it's not too late!) and I'm a  wee bit behind.  I have yet to sew the February blocks but I decided to skip ahead to March.  Here's my first March block which is foundation pieced:



I've always been a fan of foundation piecing, I made a crazy quilt many years ago and that was a lot of fun.  Foundation piecing is exactly what it's sounds like, you sew on a foundation (can be fabric, scrap fabric, or even paper) which makes it easy to sew small strips of fabric together without a lot of stretching.

Has anyone else done any foundation piecing before?

-kala

1 comment:

Emma Nolan said...

I am so behind, I've only done one block so far! Maybe I'll catch up this week. Yours look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...