Sunday, April 22, 2012

Jar Cozies!

Last night I got quite a bit of knitting done!  I've been thinking about making jar cozies for a while, I love drinking out of jars (especially with my Cuppow, which I'll talk about in another post) but I hate when they get all sweaty and drippy in the Summer.  So I was super excited when my friend Chelsea published her first pattern on Ravelry, a jar cozy pattern called Out of Its Own League.  I made two last night:


These were so fun to knit!  The pattern is great, super easy to follow and really quick to knit.  I also loved that I finally got to use some pretty yarn I've had in my stash for a million years, the purple one on the right is made with Cotton Jeans and the other one is made with Mission Falls Cotton Whirl.  My husband has already claimed the one on the left, I suppose I'll let him use it!  I think I'll make him another one later as a gift, maybe with stripes or some other fanciness.  

These cozies also have great gift potential, especially if the giftee is a jar fan.  I'm thinking a jar full of treats would make a really nice gift, and then you could whip up a cozy that the recipient would love.  You know I'm a fan of quick gift ideas!  So go add Out of Its Own League to your Ravelry queue, you'll love it! 

-kala    

10 comments:

Marissa said...

I love these! Super cute. Will you be selling them in your shop?

I love the jars too, such a cute gift idea. :)

Jessica said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog!

These jar cozies are cute; they look like a great yarn stash buster project!

urban muser said...

wow, these are so cute!

deedo said...

These are wonderful! And a perfect use for my ever growing yarn leftover pile. :) Someone in my world will be getting some of these for Christmas~

Nikkiana said...

Those are wicked cute! Nice work!

Lynn One, Purl Two said...

Oh my goodness! I must bust through some stash and make some of these myself! They're perfect!

Stephanie Ivy said...

Cute! I like the colors.

Jamie said...

How adorable.

Melissa said...

The cozies look wonderful, I love the colors you choose fro them.

Knittynutter. said...

loving the jar cosies, cute..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...