Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quick and Easy Vegan Slow Cooking Review

You guys know how much I love my slow cooker, right?  Right.  So when the publisher of Quick and Easy Vegan Slow Cooking offered me a free review copy I of course was super excited to give it a spin!

Last night I made the Coffee'd Tempeh Chili, which you can probably guess from the title, contains coffee:

 
It was delicious and I'll be making it again for sure.  I made a few changes, I added bell pepper, cayenne, and crushed red pepper, and I subbed some liquid smoke for the smoked paprika since we were out.  It was the first time I included tempeh in a slow cooker dish and I really liked the results, although really, you can do just about anything to tempeh and I'd love it!  

The book also has a section of foods that aren't prepared in the slow cooker, but go well with the other recipes in the book: things like scones, salads, and slaws.

I'm looking forward to trying the Ethiopian Fusion Squash Stew, Thai BBQ Tofu, and Tempeh Tikka Masala, just to name a few.  So give this book a look if you love your slow cooker as much as I do, it has a great variety of recipes so you're sure to find something to please everyone at dinner time.

-kala

3 comments:

Emma Nolan said...

That looks & sounds really good. I was already hungry!

buttons and beeswax said...

Oooh.. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for this one.. we got a slow cooker for christmas, but most of the recipes I've seen are meaty dishes (which we don't eat very often). Veggie chilli is my favourite ever meal, but I never thought about doing it in the slow cooker (or with coffee!) Sounds delicious :)

mkonieczki said...

Oh, my mouth is watering. This sounds delish, especially with the added 'heat' you tossed in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...