Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wait, but I'm not a sweater knitter!


I'm not really, but I am knitting a sweater right now!  I love wearing little cardis in the summer so I don't feel quite so naked in just a dress or sleeveless top.  Although really, I get hot so easily that I tend to wear light cardigans even in the middle of winter instead of heavy pullovers, so it only makes sense that I knit some, right?

I ordered some sport weight organic cotton from Knit Picks and started Lavaliere:






I know, this picture doesn't tell you much.  It's going to be a short sleeved cropped cardi with a smocking detail around the front edges.  I picked this pattern because it's pretty simple and will go with many things in my closet, but it's pretty boring to knit so far, SO MUCH STOCKINETTE!  But I'm hoping the excitement will pick up once I get to the smocking.  Not that I've done smocking before, have you?

Working on anything exciting lately?

-kala

5 comments:

affectioknit said...

Love the Purple!

Have a lovely day!

amanda_cake said...

I also love the color of this. Good luck with your sweater.

Nuckin Futs Knitter said...

That looks like it's gonna be a beautiful cardigan! I have yet to make one but I've been looking around for a pattern I might be able to work. Have fun knitting, and good luck! Can't wait to see it when you're done! :)

GiGi said...

Pretty purple!!

faye said...

ooh I love that purple! Looking forward to seeing what this looks like finished, it sounds lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...