Sunday, May 27, 2012

Taco Night!

The weather may be disgusting today (lots of heat with a heaping helping of humidity) but that's okay because I have a freezer full of ice pops and a belly full of tacos!  These tacos to be exact:



So much like the taco truck tacos I grew up eating in SoCal.  Except I like mine with a single rather than double layer of corn tortillas, I always thought it was too much tortilla the traditional way.  Anyway, tonight's tacos were filled with Soyrizo (vegan chorizo), a half and half mix of diced onion and cilantro, 2 kinds of fresh salsa from El Burrito Mercado (love that place!), avocado, and lime segments for squeezing on top.  So delicious!  Shane hadn't had tacos quite like this so it was an extra treat for him, yay!

-kala

1 comment:

Kendy P said...

I like recreating taco truck classics too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...