Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Thing About School

The thing about school is that while it's amazing and a lot of fun, it also takes up a lot of time and space in my brain.  I'm not doing much knitting lately, I have a few socks that have been on the needles for about five hundred years or so though.  And those are good for taking to knitting groups, just about the only time I have for knitting these days.  I'd share a pic or two but I'm blogging on my new laptop (yay!) that doesn't have photo editing software installed yet (boo!)

This class, Perspectives in Young Adult Literature, is very different from my last class, Human Geography.  This class is all about massive amount of reading and writing.  I'm doing really well which is nice because I was really nervous, this is the first time I've had to write papers for a college class and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do it.  I'm also loving how much reading I'm getting done, and this class has changed my attitude toward young adult literature.  I'll admit that I used to be a total twatty snob about YA books, but that's changing and I'm finding myself enjoying these books more than some of the adult literature I've read lately.

So what are you reading right now?

-kala

3 comments:

Nupur said...

Good luck with school! If you're looking to do photo editing online, this website is amazing: picmonkey.com

JFibers said...

I'm reading your blog silly!

Lina said...

Good luck with school! I totally understand not having time to knit but don't worry about it too much. It will be there when you manage to get the time to return to it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...