Monday, July 16, 2012

Creamy Avocado Pasta

So a lot of my dinners lately have started with "I saw this recipe on Pinterest..." You know how it goes, nestled among all of the pretty pictures of crafts, clothes, and kitties are images of amazing food that you need RIGHT NOW.  Or at least that's how I feel on Pinterest.  Anyway, I kept seeing the recipe for pasta made with an avocado based sauce.  And then I found myself with a random avocado that needed to be used (random in that Shane forgot to put avocado in the quinoa dish he made.)  In all its delicious, creamy glory, I present my dinner from last night:



Make it now, here's the recipe!  Seriously, this was amazing and took about 3 seconds to make.  More like 15 minutes, but that might as well be 3 seconds.  The only changes I made were that I didn't use lemon zest (I'm not nearly fancy enough to have fresh lemons in my fridge at all times) and I used dried basil instead of fresh (refer to my earlier lack of fanciness) - oh, and I added crushed red pepper because that's what I do.

In other, more bruisey news, I've taken up the 30 Day Shred Again, working it on days that I'm not running. The bruisey part is that I literally gave up on one move the other day and fell on the ground.  Mostly on my knee.  I bruise if you look at me too hard, so I have a pretty hardcore black and blue knee right now.  But you should hop over to Laura's blog to read about her Shred experiences, she's a funny lady and I really enjoy her writing.  Go now!

-kala

5 comments:

Marissa Rath said...

I don't know if I can live all day without making this.

Emma @ The Blooming Times said...

Yum scrum, this looks lovely. I'm a vegetarian rather than a vegan (although I do flirt with it occasionally) but I love avocado and I love pasta so this looks perfect for me... I've over from the Ravelry blog comment train - which I love and is so much fun. Looking forward to having a mooch round your blog...xx

Allison said...

Your photo looks even better than the original photo! Now I just need to find a semi-ripe avocado, a task almost impossible in Wisconsin unless the superbowl is coming up.

pentalia said...

Can't wait to try this! I love that you made it into a salad.

stefanie said...

I am in love with this recipe! Thank you for sharing it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...