Thursday, August 09, 2012

Derecho in Progress

So since I finished my Ravellenic (see last post) project so early, I thought I'd try to finish another project.  A lace shawl.  In less than a week.  Yeah, that didn't happen, that project turned out to be a disastrous pairing of yarn, needles, and pattern, so I decided instead to push away my overachieving tendencies and just move on.  Moving on, in this case, means going back to a project that I set aside during the Ravellenic games, my Derecho shawl:



I am so in love with this project.  The yarn, Berroco Comfort DK, is lovely to work with and the pattern is extremely well written which makes me one happy little knitter.  And it's one of those patterns that's mindless enough to make for good knit night/tv watching/ podcast listening knitting but also has enough interest that I'm motivated to work on it.

In other knitting news, I bought myself a little something from Etsy as a celebration of a few scholarships I was awarded:


That's right, a Doctor Who inspired needle gauge, can it get any geekier?  Well, I guess I could have taken the picture with a Rose Tyler action figure next to the gauge.  Not that there's a Rose Tyler action figure in my apartment.  Nope.  And by nope, I mean yup.  The gauge has inspired me (is it weird to be inspired by a knitting tool?) to go back and re-watch the series (from Eccleston on) on Netflix and that's been a lot of fun.

Purchased any cool new knitting/crafting tools or gadgets lately?

-kala

6 comments:

Tamsin North said...

I think I just decided to buy this to put in my own Christmas stocking :)

Adi Pantera said...

The fabric looks very lovey. The design is also really nice, you should post up a photo of it when you finsh! :)

Paula Morales said...

OMG! Love the Doctor Who gauge! I think I need one too!

Aimee said...

beautiful shawl...and I love that needle gauge- how wonderfully dorky and fun!

ColorSlut said...

Wow what an interesting shawl. The construction looks like fun. And Dr. Who .... LOVE IT!

Cadry said...

How fun is this? It makes me want to take up knitting just to get one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...