Monday, August 20, 2012

In dreams...

As a kid, I had a few back to school traditions.  My favorite was back to school shopping, there's something  really satisfying and fun about wandering the aisles and picking out paper, pencils, pens, and other tools needed for class.  For me, school starts on the 28th, so I have most of my shopping done.  And with the start date getting closer and closer, another, less fun tradition has started: the dreams.  Since high school, I've had pretty much the same dream around late summer - I'm lost in a comically huge school, have lost my schedule, and can't find any of my classes.  You'd think that taking college classes online (no way I can get lost) would keep these dreams at bay...but no.  I've had them a couple of times in the last few days and it's not fun.  I think I might be a little stressed out.  And by a little stressed out, I mean I've been watching the family channel and crying at tv shows about ballerinas all day.  Yes, I will be fine, it's just that whole "starting college full time for the first time after it's been 12 years since high school" thing.  I'm actually really excited for classes to start, I just have to convince the anxiety filled "YOU MUST BE PERFECT AT ALL TIMES" part of my brain to calm down and eat a cupcake.  Or just take a cue from Ritz and have more of a honey badger attitude about life:


lady, quit takin' my picture!

-kala

5 comments:

Adi Robles said...

Hahah I know how you feel! I've had dreams similar to yours as well, I start my college courses on the 27th, but they're all on campus. Oh, and I love back to school shopping too! It's so much fun when they have really creative patterned notebooks and pens.

affectioknit said...

Sweet kitty! Very best wishes with your back to school plans...

~Have a lovely day!

JFibers said...

Hey you... I'm thinking of you and sending you virtual cupcakes for your crazy brain!!! You'll do great! Just like you did on your other classes. I believe in you!
Pinches.
Your friend,
Jen

Kristen said...

I recently discovered your blog and I really love your posts! This one I can especially relate to. I'm going back to school this year, too. But not as a student, as a TEACHER (for the first time ever). It's freaking me out a bit and I've been totally overly emotional this last week. Lots of yoga, lots of focus, and lots of pigging out on chips and hummus :) Good luck with everything!

Chelsea said...

I returned to college after a nine-year hiatus, and perfectionism-stress is definitely something I'm familiar with as well. Let me know if you ever need to talk it out, I can relate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...