Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Knitting for Gold


What?  I actually finished knitting something?  Yes, IT'S TRUE:

Striped Shawl!

This is my Ravellenic project for this year and I really like how it came out.  Oh, and for the non-knitters out there, the Ravellenic games are a fun event where knitters start a challenging project during the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and try to finish before the end of the games.  My goal for this shawl was to make it large and cuddly enough that I could wear it to the movies in the fall and winter.  I get too hot to really wear sweaters that often, but I can handle a shawl!  This was a make-it-up-as-you-go project, just a basic triangle shawl with stripes.  Because I clearly can't knit anything without stripes.  The yarn, for those interested, is Berroco Weekend.  

Striped shawl!

Any Ravellenic knitters out there?  How's your progress?

-kala

6 comments:

Britney said...

well done, i'm glad you pulled through!

Michele A said...

Super cute and looks cozy too! Well done!

I'm loving the Olympics/Ravellenics! My main Ravellenic project - Op Top on Ravelry - is taking forever. I'm really hoping to wrap it up tonight. I did however get some spinning done though!!! YEAH!

:)

affectioknit said...

Your shawl is awesome! I also just finished my shawl for Ravellenics as well...it's been a fun couple of weeks...

~Have a lovely day!

Sue said...

great shawl, good colours

kristieinbc said...

Congrats on being a "gold medalist!" The shawl is wonderful, and should keep you nice and toasty this winter!

Kittee Bee Berns said...

that is so super cute!!!
xo
kittee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...