Saturday, September 08, 2012

Saint Paul Farmer's Market

These days, I only have two modes:  school mode and food preserving mode.  It's peak season at the farmer's markets and I'm loving all of the beautiful and delicious produce.  Here are a few scenes from the market in Saint Paul:






This week, we picked up tomatoes, jalapenos, and cantaloupe.  Shane also got a scoop of strawberry rhubarb sorbet, fancy!  Since I'm caught up enough with school that I could take a day off from studies, I decided to go ahead and process some of the produce we picked up today.  So a bit of time in a very hot and steamy kitchen, and we have a couple of pints of salsa to enjoy during the winter (or sooner if I can't wait...)

What do you like to pick up at the farmer's market?

-kala

3 comments:

Adi said...

Good to hear from you again! I understand the school mode, I'm in that one myself! Everything looks so good in that food market by the way! I haven't been to go to one lately though with school and whatnot. Glad to hear that you were able to find a day off to just go out. :)

Nadia said...

I love farmer's markets! I don't really have a fav thing to get. As long as it looks fresh & is a better price than the supermarket, I'll pick up what I need.

James said...

Hi,
Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Veganism Community? Our members will appreciate it.
Members include: Vegans, Veganism Experts, Vegan Lifestyle Advocates, Vegan Cooking, etc.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also add Articles, News, Photos and Videos if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
Please feel free to share as often as you like.
The Veganism Community: http://www.vorts.com/veganism/
I hope you consider sharing with us.
Thank you,
James Kaufman, Editor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...