Friday, December 21, 2012

Last Minute Gift Ideas!

Snowman Pin

Anyone scrambling for last minute gifts?  I think I'm just about done with shopping and crafting all of my gifts, but I'm sure I'll pick up a few things here and there before Christmas.  Here are some ideas for things you can buy at the very last minute, hopefully you'll get some good ideas for someone on your list.

1.  Movie Theater Gift Cards - My mom gets these for us and I love them!  Movies are holy guacamole expensive so gift cards like these can allow people to see a movie in a theater that they might have otherwise waited until it popped up on Netflix.  Make it an even better gift and see if your local independent theater offers gift cards.

2.  Books! - Books are the best gifts, from cookbooks to novels, from poetry to nonfiction, you can't go wrong with a book.  Think about what your recipient likes to read and then look for something interesting in that genre.  If you're lost, don't forget to ask someone who works in the shop, they can usually hook you up!  Again, making the effort to buy your gift (or gift certificate) at a local bookshop will make your present even more awesome.  If you're local, we have some great independent bookshops in the Twin Cities, including Boneshaker Books and Common Good Books, just to name a couple.

3.  Give An Experience - Sometimes the best gift is the opportunity to do something fun and memorable.  If someone on your list has mentioned wanting to learn how to sew or how to cook, look for a class in their area and set them up.  People can be hesitant to try something new, but gifts like these make it easy!  Craftsy  also offers gift certificates for their online craft classes, a great option for busy people.

What are some of your favorite gifts to pick up at the last minute?

-kala

2 comments:

Adi said...

I really love these ideas!
My boyfriend and I are always at theaters and it's really expensive sometimes. We've recently seen though the gift cards and just might get them.

I love how these ideas are so different in a way that you just don't see people give gifts like this anymore. Thanks for sharing. :)

Allison said...

I did movie theater gift cards for most of my family this year for Christmas. Some of them are the type that wouldn't typically spend money on seeing a movie in the theater, so it's like "forced" entertainment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...