Sunday, December 16, 2012

Winter Break

It's winter break time, you know what that means?  It means I survived by first full-time balls to the wall load of classes and I lived to tell the tale!  Mostly.  And what did I do on my first day of vacation?  I finished a hat for my dad:

Slip Stitch Hat

He gets a knit hat every year (and no, he doesn't read my blog so his gift is not spoiled) and he actually wears them and loves them!  He's definitely knit-worthy.  I only have one other thing to craft for Christmas, a little amigurumi something something for the husband.  Since it's crochet, I figure I can knock it out in a knit night/afternoon gathering or two.

I got to tell you, it's bizarre having this much free time, I'm not used to waking up and not immediately start thinking about some random assignment.  I mean, I slept in until NOON today, people!  Okay, that was partly due to the allergy medicine I took last night, but that's beside the point.

So how is your holiday gift crafting going?  Anyone freaking out yet? ;)

-Kala

3 comments:

quinn said...

I like this pattern even more with the slipstitch!

affectioknit said...

Love it!

~Have a lovely day!

Cadry's Kitchen said...

Adorable hat! Your dad is going to love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...