Friday, January 04, 2013

First FO of 2013!

I finally finished a pair of socks I've been working on for about 600 years, see:

First finished knit of 2013!

I'm not sure when I started them, sometime during the Fall semester I'm sure.  Knitting time was definitely cut to a bare minimum, I had very little time to do anything that wasn't school related, and when I did, my hand and wrist were usually sore from all the writing!  And not even from the typing, from the massive amount of handwriting I tend to do, since I'm old school and take notes with a pen and paper.  But anyway, I'm glad these are finished because it's winter in Minnesota which means it's COLD and my feet appreciate the warmth.  The yarn is Panda Cotton and the pattern is called Harris Tweed Socks.

This year I have more of a goal with my knitting than I usually do, I'm participating in the Year of the Stash and UFOs in the Twin Cities Ravelry Group.  The idea is to knit 12 projects in 2013 from stash yarn; you can still buy yarn, it's not a stash diet (thank goodness) but it's a nice way to work through some yarn that's been giving me the pathetic "why have you forsaken me" look for years.  The socks I just finished will be #1, and I think I'm going to start a Photosynthesis shawl for project #2.  I just need to do some bead shopping, which is dangerous because SHINY!

Here's the stash yarn that I think I'm going to use this year, I put it all in a shopping bag so I can rummage through it when the urge to cast on something new strikes me:

12in13

Do you have any knitting/crafting plans or goals this year?

-kala  

5 comments:

affectioknit said...

Very nice! I love the colours...and what a good idea to knit from stash...

~Have a lovely day!

Lina said...

Those are so nice! Beautiful colors. And I love your knitting resolution to knit 12 projects from stash... it's nice to keep to those goals because at least you're not denying yourself pretty new yarn! :)

lilirious said...

Nice socks! Strange isn't it, how such small projects can take such a long time to finish when life gets in the way :P I don't have any real goals myself this year, I want to design more and empty my stash so I can buy nicer yarns :) (I now realize that this is my goal for 2013..)

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh what an adorable pair of socks!!

tess said...

Gorgeous socks! The colors are wonderful. Definitely worth the wait! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...