Thursday, February 21, 2013

Stripe Overload!

As if there could ever be such a thing as stripe overload!  Stripes are awesome, especially horizontal stripes. And if anyone ever tries to tell you you can't or shouldn't wear horizontal stripes because you aren't thin, then  at least you know that that person is either a) a douche or b) has been sadly socialized to believed that bigger gals are not "allowed" to do certain things.  Wear what you want, end of story!  See the Militant Baker for more on that topic, I love her!  Anyway, this all leads to the unrelated fact that I finished knitting something!  See:

cowl1

I finally finished my stripey cowl!  I love how it turned out, it's super comfy and the colors are bright and happy (much brighter than the photo implies).  It's my second project of the year in the stash challenge going on in the Twin Cities Ravelry group.  I can't believe I'm on track for finishing 12 stash projects in a year, but I guess it's only February so I shouldn't get too cocky...

What are you guys working on?

-kala

5 comments:

Ammie Cannon said...

Love it! Stripes are perfectly you. You seem to showcase scrumptious comfy knitted things. Thanks for the permission to wear stripes, loudly and with moxy. Congrats on two stashbusters already!

affectioknit said...

Love your stripey cowl!

Have a lovely day!

Michelle said...

OOOOOOOooo! Not overload. The perfect amount of load. :-D The cowl is fantastic.

Debbie said...

It looks AWESOME! And I am working on a sweater in fingering weight yarn and wondering what possessed me to do it.

ColorSlut said...

FANTASTIC SCARF! I love the stripes and colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...