Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Turning Down Tiger Blood

Okay, so shave ice (not shaved ice, apparently, but shave ice) is amazing!  I heard from my friend Chelsea (who I betrayed by not telling her that shave ice was in the vicinity) that the stuff was awesome, but I was skeptical because I thought it would just be a snow cone.  And snow cones are dumb.  Obviously.  But shave ice is amazing; the ice is much finer than the ice in snow cones and the flavor is able to penetrate the entirety of the ice.  I'll leave it up to you to decide if that's a good enough reason to use the word penetrate.  

Camera Roll-77

I went with one of the flavor combos they had to offer, Tropical Sunset or something.  But guys, they had a flavor called Tiger Blood!  Hilarious, if not a bit of a dated Sheen reference, but still!  It was some sort of tropical mix flavors, but I resisted and went with a mix of pineapple, orange, and fruit punch.  I would skip the fruit punch next time, but the other flavors were awesome.  

Have you had shave ice before?

-kala    

5 comments:

Quinn said...

Haven't heard of it, but it sounds refreshing!

Adi Pantera. said...

As a Hispanic, I literally grew up eating shave ice. Whether outside of school or someone passing by the neighborhood selling some, it was always a part of my childhood and teenage years as well. It's soooo good and my favorite was always vanilla. I actually would love some right now! :9

vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

unionjgirl said...

I've passed a few shave ice stands this summer, but haven't stopped for a cup - yet!

Jill said...

We always got shave ice as a kid at the fair. My dad and uncle even had a shave ice business! (They'd shout out: "Shave Ice! Freeze your teeth and give your tongue a sleigh ride!")

I always wondered what flavor Tiger's Blood actually was... never thought to ask! It's been around forever. My favorite is half mango, half peach.

Glad you enjoyed it!!

Kendy P said...

Growing up my fave flavor was tiger's blood! I remember it being coconuty-tropicaly! So good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...