Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Getting Ready to Give Thanks....and eat pie

You guys, it's almost Thanksgiving!  This month has flown by ridiculously fast, it's not even funny.  And even though most stores and a lot of houses are already decorated for Christmas, we still have Thanksgiving to celebrate.  My Thanksgivings have always been small celebrations, and really, that's more than okay with me.  I can't fathom big family dinners because that's not how I grew up, not even a little bit.

Random farmer's market photo, because I hate posting without including a photo!


This year, we're having some old favorites for Thanksgiving dinner.  Stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, mashed sweet potato (with coconut milk and cilantro), pie, and vegan "turkey" cutlets.  And because I hate pumpkin pie, I'm making a pumpkin cheesecake instead.  I've made it once before and the vegan cream cheese cuts the pumpkin flavor enough that it makes it yummy.

Do you guys have huge Thanksgiving dinners?  What are you guys having this year?

-kala

1 comment:

JFibers said...

yummm cheesecake!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...