Saturday, May 31, 2014

Parking lot garden, 2014

Readers who have been around for a while might remember that every year, we do a parking lot garden.  A parking lot garden, what's that?  That, my friends, is a container garden set up in the parking lot of our building.  I think some people stay away from gardening and growing food because they don't have a "perfect" space.  But waiting for perfection only means less time for doing cool things!  And putting a pot or two outside can inspire your neighbors to do the same, which improves the whole building.  Here's what we've got going so far:





So what are you guys growing this year?  


-kala


3 comments:

affectioknit said...

I think that is awesome...we had an apartment deck garden once upon a time...and during the off-season...when Scout was little he used to play with his diggers in the containers...

~Have a lovely day!

Adi Robles said...

Nice! I'm growing sunflowers, lavender, and some garlic on my balcony. Weird combination, right? Hahahah

vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

hardknitlife said...

What a cool idea!! My husband and I have a few hibiscus plants growing on our balcony! I would love to start a parking lot garden! Thanks for sharing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...